How to add a new project
Adding a project is a pretty simple but very important step. You can either import all the information, check here how, or you can follow the next steps:
- Go to Management section from menu.
- Click on the Add button from the bottom right corner.
- Choose the option – Add project.
The client page has 7 sections and relevant details related to client can be added:
Drag & Drop the logo of your project, this way you will be able to easily identify the project in the project list.
- Code*: Add the unique code that’s related to the project. The code helps you to identify the project through the software. If you don’t have an official code for the project, you can create one in the software application.
- Name*: Name of the project.
- Client*: The client linked to the project
- Status*: Project status
- Start date* and End date
- Description: – Add information about the project
- Going live date: The date when the project will be live.
3. VISIBILITY & TIMESHEET
- Visibility: edit details about this specific project
- Timesheet: set the visibility of suggested hours from allocation
The information from Billing will be used in calculating reports, statistics and for invoicing the client.
- Project type*: There are 3 types of project in the drop down list
- Budget in hours: It is not a mandatory information but it will help in calculating quick stats and charts
- Budget in money: As mention above, not a mandatory information but helpful for keeping track, in a visual way
- Expenses budget: Not mandatory, but if there is a separate budget for expenses, it will be nice to have a visual track of it.
- Billing type: There are 2 types of billing, hourly or daily rate
- Default hourly/daily rate: Not mandatory but it will be considered in reports, when you do not have a specific rate set per employee
- Currency: The set currency will be considered in all the reports, quick stats, invoicing, expenses, etc. You can have a client with multiple projects and each project can have different currencies.
5. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Set the course of the submitted hours – the hours can be submitted and approved automatically, without a prior check from the project manager (PM) or – they can be submitted and wait for an approval from the PM.
Also, you can decide, for each project, if you allow any employee to log hours on the project or only the allocated employees.
By default, the PM is the person who creates the project, but you can change it or add other PMs.
For each project, you can decide if the PM has the freedom to allocate any employee in the company, allocate only the project team or the PM needs approval, from a Project Director (PD)/superior for any kind of allocation.
6. TEAM & CUSTOM RATES
For every project you can create a project team and you can add hourly/daily rates per role.
It is not a mandatory step, in creating projects, but if you choose to add the information but if you choose to have it, you can have a closer and detailed overview of the budget of the project (hours and money)
7. CUSTOM FIELDS
You can add custom fields to Clients, Projects, People, by clicking on the link in the page (Settings/Custom fields) and then add the needed fields.
All the new fields will be applicable only for your account and will be visible to all your Projects.