How to add a new client
Adding a client is one of the first steps to getting started. You can either import all the information, check here how, or you can follow the next steps:
- Go to Management section from menu.
- Click on the Add button from the bottom right corner.
- Choose the option – Add client.
The client page has 5 sections and relevant details related to client can be added:
Drag & Drop the logo of your client, to identify easily each client into the clients’ list.
- Code: Add the unique code that’s related to the client. This code helps to easily identify the clients throughout the software. Usually companies are keeping evidence of their clients through different codes. If you don’t have an official code with your client, don’t worry, just leave the field empty and the app will automatically create one.
- Name*: Name of your client – this is a mandatory information.
- Address: Address of the client
- ZIP code: Zip code of the client
- City: City of the client
- Country: Country of the client
These information will be used for the invoices that you will issue to the client.
- Legal details: The client contract number or any other detail
- Registration number: Registration number of the client
- VAT number: The client VAT number – if from Europe
- Bank name
- Account number
- Other bank details
- SORT CODE
- Default invoice due days: Add the payment term specific for each client.
Add contacts related to the client, so you can have all the contact data in a single place. Also, if you have a list of contact people for your clients, you will be able to add them as Client Project Managers, in Management/Projects, when you create projects linked to the clients.
To make the work relation even easier, you can create free accounts on elapseit platform, for your clients, so that they can can log in the app and see specific information related to his/hers company projects, BUT only information that you give them permission to see.
Find out more here.
5. CUSTOM FIELDS
You can add custom fields to Clients, Projects, People, by clicking on the link in the page (Settings/Custom fields) and then add the needed fields.
All the new fields will be applicable only for your account and will be visible to all Clients list.